Sunday, October 25, 2009

In the beginning.....

A few months ago, Veronica*, a women who had recently moved into my ward said to me “I had no idea you were single. You seem so normal and well put together. Wow, I’m shocked.” So was I. I thought “of course I’m normal“! Then I took a good look around me at the other people who were single and over 30. Okay, some of them are not so normal, some of them are not so well put together, some of them are downright weird. Many of our fellow saints when thinking about those who are mid-singles age think of the 45 year old guy in their ward who has a comb over, missing teeth and an unfortunate tendency to pass gas at inappropriate moments (like in the silence accompanying the passing of the Sacrament). Or the women who bakes cookies and delivers them to every single guy between the ages of 22 and 89 and then bursts into tears and runs screaming from the room every time the Relief Society lesson topic is temple marriage. We’re not all like this though! Some of us are well put together, successful and HAPPY. So that’s why I started this blog. I wanted people to know that even though I’m single and over 30, I am still a normal, fun, arguably hot chick and there are lots of girls out their just like me. Okay, well normal is in the eye of the beholder. MY mom thinks I’m normal, but I digress. I wanted to create a forum where I and a few of my close, personal friends can share their loves, lives, trials, tribulations, and heartaches. I hope everyone enjoys the musings of my naked finger….

No comments: